The last panel session of Real World PR was one of my favorites. Petro Kacur (The Coca-Cola Company), Jenny Schmitt (CloudSpark), and James Anderson (Cartoon Network) all spoke about the main things that one needed to get into PR in sports and entertainment. Each of them had 3 specific suggestions for those of us who want to get into PR in sports and entertainment.
- Passion for what you do
- Good at your craft and skill set- build through your skill set
- Experience, experience, experience
- Have great writing skills
- Read everything that you can get your hands on
- Volunteering matters and shows that you are committed
- Be a “WILL-do person, not a CAN-do” person.
- Top two goals of people in sports PR: generate revenue and increase attendance
Overall, Real World PR was a great experience. I look forward to keeping in touch with the people that I met and continuing to let our relationships grow through reading their blogs, following them on Twitter, and friending them on Facebook.